D. Rohde prides itself on clean, affordable, and informed repairs and replacements for all of your HVAC needs. Our highly trained technicians will get your HVAC system working as efficiently as possible to save you money. We offer many options to add to your system to make it run more efficiently as well as more green. We take pride in our Green outlook for our community. We'd love to help you find affordable solutions to your HVAC needs.
The Heat PumpASZC18 Heat Pump
Up to 18 SEER/ 9.5 HSPF Performance
R-410A Chlorine-Free Refrigerant
ComfortNet™ Communication Systems
Outstanding Warranty Protection*
These units can save you up to 35% on your heating cost per year by using refrigerants instead of oil heat or electric heat.
We believe that this may be the best warranty in the air conditioning business. The compressor in your new ASZC18 heat pump system is covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.* If the compressor ever fails, a new heat pump unit will be provided to the original purchaser of the central heat pump system as long as they live in the same single-family residence. All remaining functional parts are covered by a 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty*. For a full description of all warranties applicable to this product, please click on the consumer brochure or product warranty links above.
- ComfortNet Communications System compatible
- R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant Two-stage Copeland® UltraTech scroll compressor
- SmartShift™ technology with short-cycle protection
- Factory-installed suction line accumulator
- Expanded ComfortAlert™ diagnostics built in
- Set-up capable with two low-voltage wires to outdoor unit
- Compressor short-cycle protection
- Diagnostic indicator lights and storage of six fault codes
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater
- Color-coded terminal strip for non-communicating set-up
- Factory-installed filter drier
- Factory-installed high-capacity muffler
- Two-speed quiet condenser fan motor
- High- and low-pressure switches
- AHRI certified; ETL listed
Year-round exceptional heating and cooling energy-efficiency is a primary benefit delivered by this heat pump system. It provides improved temperature and humidity control, and it uses R-410A chlorine free refrigerant. All features are what we believe to be among the best in the heating and cooling industry.
How heat pumps work
An electric heat pump can heat your home during the winter and cool it during the summer. The major parts of a heat pump include:
- Compressor: This increases the pressure of the refrigerant so that it will accept the maximum amount of heat from the air.
- Condenser: Coils that move heat to or from the outside air.
- Evaporator: Coils that move heat to or from the air inside the home.
- Air handler: Fan that blows the air into the ducts of the home. Components 1, 2, 3 and 4 are found in all standard air conditioners.
- Reversing valve: Changes the heat pump from air conditioning to heating, and vice versa. This is not part of the thermostat.
The Honeywell controlHoneywell AQ251 Out Door Reset Control Saves up to 33% on home heating costs.
The AQ251 family of AQUATROL Boiler Reset Controls provides simplified, energy-efficient outdoor temperature compensated control of single temperature, residential hydronic heating systems. The AQ251 easily converts a single zone heating system into a room-by-room comfort control system, or upgrades a basic, relay-logic zoning system to intelligent Zone of Greatest Demand control with outdoor reset for in-creased energy efficiency with reduced boiler cycling. AQ251 boiler controls can ensure ample supply of hot water for both space heating and priority generation of domestic hot water for bathing, dishes and laundry.
Noritz Tankless Water Heaters
By eliminating stand-by heat loss alone, energy consumption can be reduced significantly.
- 290 million gallons of fuel oil
- 164 million gallons of propane
- 6 billion hours of kilowatt electricity
Honeywell Programmable ThermostatsPrestige 2.0® Comfort SystemPrestige 2.0 Comfort System
Connects to the Internet, displays Outdoor Conditions and offers Portable Comfort Control
High-Definition, Full Color Display - Visual clarity of the display is three times better than typical thermostats
Interview-Based Programming - Asks you questions and then programs itself based on your answers
Intellidyne EconomizerThe HW+ is a microprocessor-based, fuel-saving control for hot water (hydronic) heating systems. The HW reduces fuel consumption, wear on parts, flue emissions and electrical usage, when installed on any new or existing gas or oil burner. The HW+ saves energy by adjusting the burner run pattern to match the system's "heat load." Its action is similar to the industry-accepted method of "outdoor-air temperature reset control," but does not require an outdoor-air temperature sensor or the need to profile the building in order to adjust the "reset" controller properly. The HW+determines the "heat load" by using an easily installed strap-on temperature sensor that monitors the boiler's out-flow water temperature and the rate that this temperature is changing.
- For systems up to 300,000 BTU
- Illuminated LCD display shows fuel consumption savings, operating modes, system diagnostics and operating temperatures
- Patented process reduces fuel consumption-typically 10% to 20%
- Short payback period-typically 12 to 24 months
- UL listed, "Energy Management Equipment"
- Increased savings without replacing or upgrading costly system components
- "State-of-the-art" microcomputer controller
- Easily installed plug-in sensor(s) (includes 1 required sensor)
- Simple installation by qualified installer
- Easily programming with no special tools required
- Maximum efficiency year-round
- Reduces maintenance and extends boiler life
- Fail-safe operation
- Guaranteed to reduce fuel consumption
- 15-year replacement warranty for breakdowns or defects